Feb 2, 2011

Setting the Pace for 2011

Well, it is frigid in Colorado. Frigid.  Like below 0 frigid. Brrrr.
But unlike the weather, I have made a delightful "New Year's Goal" that is much warmer.  It requires friendship, food, my home and a lot of seeing Jesus in people.  I decided after much apartment life, living in different states, having a baby and whatever other excuses I came up with it was finally time for me to do something I love doing: PARTYING! (plural for the verb: party (i.e. "Let's party!"))
I grew up with my mom throwing these wonderful potluck Christmas parties (I really have no idea what the adults were doing, I couldn't see past my all-encompassing excitement for playing with so many kids at MY HOUSE), where many entire families would come and talk, laugh, eat and pray.  Oh, how glorious it was!  It truly was my favorite time of the year.
So, knowing that I have been some what of a "social butterfly" since the age of...forever...I decided I would let my inner butterfly soar and have some parties at my house this year...and a lot of them! So far I have had 1 party and several different couples/families over for dinner, games and movies.  Oh, how I have enjoyed January!
Although there are some challenges/excuses that could easily keep me from letting my inner butterfly free, this is what I tell myself, "Listen: Yes, you need to clean a little more regularly...and cook some new things (which is always nerve-racking for me) and not get to wear sweatpants every night, but remember last time you did all those things? You loved it.  And you'll love it this time too! Do what you love!" And, thus, my excuses can hit the wind and I can be free to soar like the little social butterfly I am!
I don't know what your New Year's goals, resolutions, or dreams are, but whatever they are let's reject the excuses that tempt us with the comfortable, easy things and embrace the broader, more liberating zone of pushing the limits we create and soar like butterflies...or eagles...or a kite...whatever figure represents your life analogy (hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks like that...I probably am though).

Mucho Lovo in 2011...o!

P.S. When I looked up images of butterflies, they showed a lot of fish.  Ummm, b.u.t.t.e.r.f.l.y. not fish.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl because I've always enjoyed entertaining others in my home over the years. I hosted home groups and had many parties for friends in the past. When I took my latest 'giftings test' at my Vineyard Church I currently attend, my number one gift came out to be hospitality which was no surprise. I cannot use that gift right now since I live with another family but I will take your advice to push through on some writing projects I've started. Please carry on your mom's and your other mom's (me)tradition of opening your home to others on a regular basis because the Lord will bless you for it.

    ReplyDelete