Feb 8, 2011

A Buzz in My Brain

Well, sometimes there's an underlying "off" feeling I have when God is about to shake something up in me, or sometimes I get entangle in daily life and need something to kick me out of auto pilot: like summer...or a vacation, and SOMETIMES I get so excited days, weeks and months ahead of time for things I know will happen...and this is one of those times!
One of my dearest friends, Lisa will be getting married in less than 2 weeks in Texas.  I have the honor of standing in her wedding, and when I say honor, I mean privilege and delight and over-joyed gift.  She is a rare friend to have.  She has been supportive, understanding, forgiving, nurturing, genuine and a hilarious crack-up to me for almost 10 years now.  I seriously cannot wait for the 18th to come!
So, going to Texas to be in Lisa's wedding not only means I get a pedicure, to hang with my old blonde babe buds, play dress up, see one of my best friends enjoy the happiest time in her life so far! I also get to see my family...who will be watching MaryBella for me while I embark on wedding festivities.  Now...here is a truly  exciting detail for me, seeing as I have no immediate family in Colorado, the chance to let my daughter bond with some of the most important people in my life while I go PLAY is a rather huge feat in my world!
Needless to say (because I've already said way too much already), I am so anticipating my few days in Texas :) I hope times draws on slowly while I'm there.  I hope I get to see every person I want to see who wants to see me.  And I hope I am able to soak in every moment of friendship, family and wedding festivities as they come. And I hope I get to eat Taco Bueno at least one time.
All of this excitement makes me realize how truly thankful I am to the Father for friendship...deep, heart level friends that last a lifetime. And family, cause where there is family, there is home.  Much love to all my Texans...I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment