Nov 6, 2010

Birthday Extravaganza

Well, 27 years ago on November 4th, I was born.  And one year ago on November 5th, my precious daughter, MaryBella was born.  And today marks her first birthday PARTY extravaganza!  I am so excited, I feel like I'm having a party!  I can't explain the joy and pleasure I've had in planning, creating, and preparing for MaryBella's special day.  I think I am definitely going to like doing this every year.

This week I had a massage, went to breakfast with my man and had a wonderful birthday dinner with some of my friends!  It was a blast!  And to celebrate MaryBella's birthday, we are having a Strawberry Shortcake Party today!  I must say, when I was in labor last year, I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to like "sharing" my birthday week with my own child.  But, as this week is coming to a close, I have found that it has been such an epic and fun party week!  Everyday we've been celebrating in some fashion...and that is what I love about sharing a birthday week with my daughter.

I wanted to tell you my one and only creative project I did for MaryBella's birthday:
I bought some blank cards, glitter and glue, and a couple different colors of card stock paper at Hobby Lobby.  I thought of about 10 things that are unique to MaryBella as she turns one (i.e. she loves cheese and bananas, she enjoys walks outside, she is 21 lbs, etc.).  I shot and printed photos of her doing these things she likes...or her just being cute.  I decorated the front of the cards with the photo and cut up decorative paper.  I wrote on the inside, "At one year old...MaryBella likes..." and finished with all the special things about her and decorated the inside of the card with glitter.  I now have them propped up around the house so people can read and learn about MaryBella as we celebrate her life.

I must say, I was excited to have these little mementos for the rest of her life regardless of how they looked, but they turned out to be so cute!  I'm glad, and I can't wait for the day she can look back and read about herself as a One Year Old.


You can see some of the cards propped up on the table in the photo and MaryBella in her Birthday Outfit.

Oh, what a joy!  Thank you, Jesus, for blessing Tyrel and me with such a joyful, precious daughter!



2 comments:

  1. I still love Strawberry Shortcake and my girls loved her and her friends when they were young. What a fun party and such a creative idea you had to do the cards. She will love reading about herself when she is older and you will love being able to look back and remember. Happy Birthday to both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying my eyes out while reading because I'm so happy for your joy sweetness. And, I miss those birthday parties that I planned each year for my own children. When nostalgia hits me, it comes in like a flood so I just cry. I cry when I allow Holy Spirit to heal the memories I want to forget and I cry when I wish I could remember more of the memories like the one you're describing today...I guess I was just born to cry.

    ReplyDelete