Nov 9, 2010

And All These Wonderful Things

Christmas is around the corner and the festivities are already beginning!  My Christmas celebration rules are as follows:
-Begin playing Christmas music: October 1
-Begin decorating: November 6 (after mine and MaryBella's birthdays)
-Get a Christmas tree: November 24 (or asap after Thanksgiving)
-Take tree and decorations down: by Jan 10 (only to please my husband)

I LOVE Christmas.  And like most people who love the "chase", I love the months, weeks and days leading up to Christmas the most.  And that, my friends, is why I celebrate for so long.  However, I completely understand when other people do not follow the same suite.  To each our own!

Just wanted to share with all of you that I am listening to Christmas music now and so looking forward to Christmas parties, holiday drinks (i.e Peppermint Mocha, not so much egg nog, blagh) and desserts, time with family, sparkling lights, the smell of Christmas: candles, trees, pumpkin pie...and most of all remembering how remarkably merciful God is to send His son to save me (and YOU) so I can choose to love Him and spend my life and eternity for Him and with Him.

I am in awe of God's faithfulness.

Merry Christmas season to you!

P.S.  Deeper, less Christmassy blogs are coming...but, really...well, there actually may be some more Christmassy ones in the mix too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment