Aug 17, 2010

My Spirit


Over the last 2 weeks I've had something burning in my heart. Forgiveness. It's a daily necessity if I'm going to live a full, enjoyable life. It's a requirement to enter God's Kingdom one day. It's crucial to maintain relationship with those I love and care about. So...forgiveness is pretty important in my book.
What I have been thinking about is how somewhere along the road I forgot to choose to forgive. I used to preach this principle and then I found myself praying, "God, help me forgive..." Recently I was reminded we must purpose to forgive others and ourselves. So I have once again changed my prayers to, "God, I purpose and I choose to forgive... Forgive me for carrying this bitterness and resentment..." And, WOW! I really feel the freedom working deep within my spirit. I love getting "clean" from all the things that separate me from intimacy with my Savior. I love His goodness and faithfulness to keep reminding me of things I wish I would remember. Ahhhh, to bask in His goodness.
I was also thinking the other day about how I've never seen a dead body (I know, I know...I think about a lot of weird, random things. I will spare you most of these.) But then I remembered I have seen 2 dead bodies. And I remembered how surprised I was to find that when the spirit of a man is gone, it truly is not that person any more. On the 2 occasions I viewed these bodies, I was anticipating "saying good-bye" to them, but what I found was that "they" were long gone and their bodies were a very vague and loose resemblance of who I knew these people to be. Realizing this manifest all the things I was taught about "inner beauty", the reality of the spiritual realm and my choice in how to live my life.
Moral of this blog: It is worth spending time, energy, emotional strength, and diligence to develop my spirit; keeping it "clean" from unforgiveness, cultivating relationship with a God who will reign for eternity, and building friendships with His favorite creation: people. One day my aged, worn body will remain behind as my spirit soars to glorious eternity...finally at home.

3 comments:

  1. :) love this. dead bodies and all, lol mb. I'm realizing that so much of this is choice, choosing faith over doubt. choosing love over fear. and not trusting our hearts, but resting in His word and will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading this post today. Encouraged me once again to be who God wants me to be. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PSS: amen sister.
    Miss Elaine: love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete