Mar 2, 2011

Happy To Be Me

Ok, so how many of us believe this about ourselves?  Are you "happy to be you"?  I recently was thinking about all the things I am looking forward to this spring and summer: weddings, vacation, friend's birthdays, parties, book groups, family visiting, SUMMER in general, swimming with my daughter, etc...and I really was so elated to be living this life.  I feel the Father moving in my life in a way I haven't felt in years!  I am tangibly seeing His movement in my life.  He is giving me relationships that I've longed for, building my marriage and family, giving me the desires of my heart to love my husband and daughter and serve Him and them with my life.  I am beyond undeserving, and He is beyond good to me.  
As Spring approaches and brighter days, flowers blooming, and outdoor events begin, I feel so energetic and alive.  What a gift.  There were times in my life where I barely felt like I was breathing, much less living.  But looking back I am able to see my Father in the midst of my struggle, just as He promised He would be (Ps. 46:1-5).  And I remember praying...begging...God to let me be like the "river" described in verses 4 and 5:
 "There is a river whose streams make 
glad the city of God, 
the holy place where the Most High dwells.  
God is within her, she will not fall; 
God will help her at break of day."
I was craving the rush of life a river carries.  And this verse articulated the cry in my soul: To "make glad the city of God..."!  I only want to please the Father, and knowing I was created to live made barely breathing unbearable to me. 
Gently, slowly (more slowly than I would have preferred) the Shepard of my Heart is pouring life and movement back into this river and it is my choice to run with it or get dammed up.  I choose to run!  
So, today, I stroll with my daughter to the park, taking in all that He has given me: mountains, sunshine, a faithful husband, a beautiful daughter, opportunity, relationships with incredible human beings, a job, hope for the future...Sounds simple?  Ah, I long for simplicity.  I will drink that cup any day.


1 comment: